Pityriasis Rosea: my experience

Posted , 2 users are following.

Firstly, Pityriasis Rosea is a horrible skin condition and if you are reading this post, I am sorry that you have had to experience it. Know that it will test your patience but you have to (really have to) be patient with it. It will get better. 

I’ve had Pityriasis Rosea for 5 weeks and it is finally going. I tried everything on recommended on these forums and some left me worse than others. Head and shoulders burnt  beyond belief. I recommend that is you are going to try it then test it on a patch of your skin before applying it all over. It left me in agony. What worked for me, I think, is  boosting vitamin C intake, taking two different kinds of anti-histamine and going on a sun bed for 5minutes. I only this once and the next 3 days I witnessed my Pityriasis Rosea beginning to flake. I also drank plenty of water and moisturized using coconut oil (this was the only thing that helped temporarily reduce the itching). 

Other than that, wearing loose clothing (100% cotton) also helped control the itching. 

Like I say, mine has now reduced to some dark patches and which I hope will fade with time. 

I wish you a swift recovery!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi.....I had pityriasis rosea 2 years ago. I was riddled with it. It was a living nightmare. But 3-4 weeks in....I jumped on a sunbed, and it was gone within 4 days!!!!

It's now back again, so I've been having just 4 minutes on the sunbed every 2 days. My herald patch got no bigger than a 10 pence piece.....and is fading away. And most importantly, NO RASH😀.....in places it was on the way.....i could feel it trying to come

...and could see it in places very faintly.....but It soon dissapeared.

I've now successfully got rid of it twice

xxxx

• Posted

YAY!! Glad you are on the mend!!! Those patches will fade

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.