Pityriasis Rosea - on back. I have a few questions regarding PR

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello and I'm so glad I found this discussion forum.  It has been very informative.  I also thought I had ringworm, but after much research on the internet I am convinced I have PR.  I have an appointment with a dermatologist in the near future.

I have the herald patch on my upper back with does not itch and actually looks like it's healing.  I have other small patches down my spine.  One patch in particular ITCHES like crazy the other are bearable.  Have others had the same or different experience with the herald patch not itching and the other spots being irritated?

My PR gets inflamed after taking showers or working out.  Is it common for PR to do this?

Also, I thought this stuff was curing last week, but they appeared to have awaken and become irritated again for some reason.

Thanks for any and all information.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

So sorry you are dealing with this! It is perfectly normal to have a herald, think it is going away, and then get a spread of the rash- not necessarily in places connected to the herald patch.

It is "normal" to have some places itch more than others. It is certainly normal for it to get red after sweating/exercising/hot (or warm) showers, etc. Each person has things that are basically the same, and each person has something unique to them in this nasty rash.

I am a FIRM believer in knowing what you have, instead of just thinking you know. There are 5 rashes that look similar. You said you have an appointment with a dermatologist. Go. Get a scrape biopsy. I do not care if your dermatologist says, "oh, I KNOW what it is".... I was treated for ringworm for 6 months by a doctor who KNEW what it was..

Keep us posted!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.