PITYRIASIS ROSEA use zinc oxide

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have pityriasis rosea which started with a three day headache. The herald patch arrived several days later followed by a rash 10 days later. I was wrongly diagnosed by my doctor who said it was ringworm. Easy mistake to make. Finally on Friday, another doctor told me it was Pityriasis rosea. I did some research including looking at this website.  I have sunbathed for several hours a day making sure i didn't burn. I have followed a  different diet. Cut out gluten, diary and sugar and eaten a lot of green veg, salad , chicken soup, almonds, spices such as tumeric aswell as  raw garlic and ginger. I also used coconut oil for a few days. Yesterday I decided to apply sudocream which contains zinc oxide. This has had a massive impact on the rash. I think the sun helped but the cream has flattened the spots and the colour is fading. The herald patch has almost gone and I hope the rest of the rash will have disappeared in a few days. The zinc oxide is amazing and I would advise anyone to try it.  I hope this helps others as this website helped me so thanks to all who post. 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Zinc oxide didn't help. PR doesn't last long in most cases, just 4-6 weeks. So buy the time you used the sun screen the rash was going away anyways. Many have tried sun bathing, bite changes, and so on, and with no effect. Doctors have no idea whyit shows up, or what changes its course. Something many have found to work, has been Prreze. I've talked to the owner when I got my PR rash, and she was very nice, and helpful. Prreze helped make my rash go away after I had it for 8weeks with no signs of leaving. After 3 days of Prreze, my rash started to dry out, and flake off. It left no scaring behind either, which was a concern for me.

• Posted

I assure you sudocream which contains zinc oxide has helped. My rash is on day 11 and already retreating.  Many thanks for your advice. 
  • Posted

Thank you!  Yes, this is sounding very similar to the experience that I've had.  I will be posting a follow up to my first post this week.  Zinc oxide has been a HUGE help!

• Posted

Thanks for the message. My rash is definitely retreating. Hoping for some sun today but the sudocream has really helped. LooK forward to reading your post. Good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.