Pityriasis Rosea with exhaustion and nausea for 7 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed in August with PR.  I was told the standard 6-12 weeks no cure routine.  Its now been 7 months and while the spots have gotten better where they were in August they have now moved and keep moving.  First on my lower back and around my sides, then down my butt and the backs of my legs.  That subsided and now its flaring up down the inside of my arms, in my armpits and my stomach and sides of my breasts.  The exhaustion is terrible and I randomly get nausea and vomiting.  For example, I'll eat a variety of things, and be just fine.  An hour later I'll eat one bite of Red Bell Pepper and suddenly I'm in the toilet vomiting and feeling ill.  It can be anything that makes me nauseous, it does not follow a pattern but I can say that anything that is at all milklike (can even be non dairy things that are milky) I cant tolerate.  Its so strange!  The first doctor said it was PR.  The second said he thought it was a fungal infection and treated it with a prescription dandruff shampoo, which did nothing.  I'm tired of vomiting and being tired all the time.  Have lost 15 pounds without even trying since August.  Anyone else out there experiencing PR like this?  I don't mind the weight loss but am tired of feeling ill all the time!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.