pityriasis rosea wtf

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, i got diagnosed yesterday.... I have had two rashes for about 2 weeks but I thought they were only heat spots. I woke up yesterday with many more rashes smaller that dont quite resemble the original ones. I went to the dermatologist and he told me that it's this pr thing... Nothing pleasant did he say... No treatment, we dont know the cause of it, you are about to have more.... and last but not least it will last for 6-8 weeks. At first i didn't mind that much since i am a hypochondriac and the first thing i was afraid is something cancerous... but today that i came to realise that i will be deteriorating day by day i feel i have lost hope... I bought that head and shoulder shampoo but i didnt find the classic one in the blue bottle, so i bought one with tea tree oil. Would that help? I also decided to go vegan since I have heard veganism is beneficial in skin problems... Please write something to me I feel so lonely... Nobody seems to understand me.... 

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sophia, I had that when I was about 8 months pregnant. As soon as the baby’s was born they went away and I have never had them again. You may be on the right tract with food. Since I was pregnant I have always thought it was some kind of deficiency I had. Maybe It was a vitamin or some kind of food. Good luck,  

• Posted

Sorry you had to go through this while pregnant. I have heard other women having this being pregnant. So it took you about 4-6 weeks as I can get. Did you try any of these natural remedies ? Or did it leave on its own?
  • Posted

Hi Sophia

I had PR about 18 months ago.  Horrible patches all over the top of my body and was due to go on Holiday.

I had some sun beds and also used Selsun.  Left in on in shower for 10 minutes it does sting but it worked. I read head and shoulders is also supposed to help.  My rash went and I have been fine since.

I did get misdiagnosed they said it was P versicolour at first.

It’s horrible and I was really miserable.  Keep with it and book a few sun beds.

Good luck

Tracey

• Posted

I totally did understand how you felt. I am on the same boat here. Did it disappear on its own? Except for the sun that you were exposed I mean . 
  • Posted

Hi Sophia

I had 3 sunbed sessions and used Selsun as a shower gel.  I left it on for 10 minutes to start with before rinsing off.  It really does sting.  Then reduced it to 5 minutes after a week.  Within 2 1/2 weeks it cleared up in time for my holiday to Mexico.  I had a few slight patches on my tummy on holiday.  They soon cleared up.  I’m so pleased it hasn’t come back.

Head and shoulders should work as it is an anti dandruff treatment as well.

I know it’s horrible and very depressing.  Keep with it and stay positive.  I think you may need classic head and shoulders. 

Good luck. 

Tracey 

• Posted

Hello! To all who may concern I have used head and shoulders for 3 days and I have seen difference already in the existing spots. I have new of course day by day but the old ones have started fading!! I am optimistic!! 🤗

• Posted

Hi, 

Have you tried Nizoral shampoo? It contains ketoconazole, an antifungal.  It might be useful for your condition, as it is also caused by yeast. 

Best,

Jonathan

• Posted

Thank you for the reply!! I have already recovered!!! 🙂🙂 in only 4 weeks 

• Posted

Hi Jonathan

Thank you for your comments.  I tried Nizoral shampoo and cream but it didn’t work for me.  Selsun Did.

I appreciate your comments.

Storm

• Posted

Hi Storm, 

Tnanks - oh maybe I need to look into Selsun. 

All the best,

Jonatah

• Posted

Hi Sophia

Great news you just needed to stick with it.

Storm

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.