Pityriasis that won’t go away.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone,

Ive joined this because I'm at my wits end with this bloody thing.

It started in July of 2022 with a red patch in my arm pit after working in a very very hot factory.

i used moisturiser and hydrocortisone creams which kept it at bay and it came and went. until, it started to spread and now I'm bloody covered!

All around my neck/ collar bone and back, in both arm pits, stomach, shoulders and a bit on my little fella.

I went the doctors and they eventually referred me to the dermatologist and they diagnosed me with PV .

Gave me a weeks worth of tablets and anti dandruff shampoo(Nizarol). Neither of which has seemed to do much, it kind of settled down and then came back. Ive bought 'ultrabee' ointment from instagram after seeing some good results as a last resort due to an upcoming holiday. That seemed to work while using it on holiday but as soon as I got back to work again it kicked off again with vengeance. I'm a welder and wear overalls which i dont think helps at all considering the sites of the rash.

From what I've seen on here: Ive bought some coconut oil to see what happens with it. I'm going to try a couple of sun beds as i feel maybe the sun on the fore-mentioned holiday helped quite a lot!

If anyone has any more advice I'd be very grateful.

Me and my partner have a 5 month old and I'd quite like to get back having sex again.

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

After suffering with this skin pigmentation for a couple of years, I can tell u that sun beds are not going to do anything. being In the sun it just shows the rash even more. the skin that is effected by the rash won't tan or go brown. infact it will look worse, almost like ur skin is peeling.

I have used the shampoo prescribed by my doctor ketoconazole and it makes it go away.

however I have found its a reoccurring thing for me if I don't use the shampoo regularly

hope this helps.....stay of the sun beds

• Posted

its not the pigmentation im worried about. What id give for white patches!! im still at the red raw flaky skin stage, nothing seems to shift it. If i use the shampoo too much it dries me out and it gets more angry. I'm getting tremendously fed up!

thanks for your reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.