Pityrisis Rosea

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've had Pityrisis Rosea now for 12wks and I am covered with it, like everywhere. I'm in so much pain and discomfort that sleep consists of approx 4hrs a night so I am constantly tired in the day.

I've been given steroids to take but they don't seem to be helping at all, I hurt to wear clothes, it's like someone is scratching me all over with sand paper and the pain from it is unbearable.

On top of this I suffer with psoriasis too so these two together make a recipe for disaster tbh.

Doctors don't seem to understand the pain I am in.

Help pls xxx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I do understand. I have been having PLC for 6 years . Only 3 months ago my new doctor recommended narrow ban UVB ray photo theraphy. I did it twice a week. After 2 sessions, they were all gone!!!! Amazing. I'm super happy. However, when I stopped, they come back ;(

At least you try for 1 month, yours might not come back. Good luck.

• Posted

You're right. I don't think that they understand. My brother is a doctor and I don't think he understood me. I felt exactly the same. Stickers in my clothes. Try tanning. It really helped fry them out for me. I'll pray for you. Time will heal you. I know that's not much help now though. I wore loose clothing and even got petals. Adhesive bras because I couldn't wear a bra. Good luck.

• Posted

I am tanning which is helping my psoriasis and always had but seems to be having no effect on my pityrisis Rosea unfortunately xx

I've decided tonight that I am going to have to do a colon cleanse as I believe the virus has effect my gutts and toxins are all around my body so I am going to try a massive detox on the colon to see if this helps xxx

I can't use the petals As I am large breasted so currently don't wear bra at home but do when I go out xx don't go out much tho due to the looks.

I have it on my forehead, neck, back, chest, boobs, minimum, bottom, all over my legs and feet and hands even Have some in my head lol its great fun NOT and hurts alot xxx

• Posted

Hi there,

I have had PR for almost the same period as you have and I have tried most if not all the available treatment, however I have started taking 10 min tanning sessions which has helped to dry out the PR, it can be still itchy however I feel its better than any topical ointments as I have found out that topical steroids dont help and in a way make it worse when the clothes get stuck to the skin.

Pray that we get well soon.

• Posted

I was given a topical cream a few weeks ago for my psoriasis which numbs the pain and I thought I'd try it last night and it helped alot xx before that I soaked in a bath of oilatium and that helped alot too xxx

If you want me to look at the cream and give you it's name let me know hun xxx it burned a little for 2mins but after that I couldn't feel anything xxx gonna put it on again before I get dressed xx

• Posted

I had it for 4 or 5 months...mine didnt itch at all...also covered including red blotches on soles and palms...was prescibed clobetasol (chemist had to make it up)  a cortico steroid which i was very reluctant to use (i was told it would go away by itself) and finally gave in after 4 months and used it liberally. I  was also on predisolone  10mg a day (prescribed for a different ailment) and ir all disappeared within a couple of weeks after cream + oral steroids.

I was thankful mie didnt itch at all...just looked nasty

A year later i still have black patches on my skin and can still see the black outline of the 2 herald patches..but no PR

• Posted

It's a horrid condition and obviously effects us all differently but what I'm finding is treatment seems to be different for all which is why they probably say there is no treatment because it's reactions are different from one person to the next xxx

I'm so happy yours is sorted but I am sorry u have been left with scars huni xxx

• Posted

Hello, I don't know if this will help you, but it's helped me. I had PR for three weeks, and I was itching like crazy, I also have rheumatoid arthritis.

Anyway, I was researching online and I noticed that many people we're talking about going in the sun. And I keep myself covered up a fair bit, so i read on and I thought that the sun is a good source of vitamin D. So I put in PR and vitamin D in Google and I noticed that it was helping some people with PR. They were taking other vitamins too but I noticed that vitamin D was one of them.

So I took vitamin D in D3 form at 1000 strength I got 3 boxes for 10 pound in asda, I'm also now taking one magnesium tablet with it, as magnesium helps it absorb, but I took vitamin D3 on its own first. And within a week it started clearing. it's now week three and I only have a faint rash and no itching.

I then looked at rheumatoid arthritis and vitamin D, and it said that a third of people who are first diagnosed with this illness are vitamin D deficient, and that in some studies out has helped improve some people's symptoms. So I'm going to carry on taking it as it seems to be helping me. So maybe vitamin D gives our immune systems a boost and helps to regulate it and maybe if we've been a bit run down We catch the PR virus? I don't know. But I know that vitamin D3 is helping me!

I've come on here to share this, because even if it helps one person then that's brilliant! But please check with the doctor if you or anyone else who reads this is taking other medication. I'm not taking any, I'm trying to change my lifestyle combat my illness as the meds didn't agree with me.

Good luck, it's a horrible rash and it's so irritating, I was so so itchy. So I hope this helps. As I said even if it helps one person then great smile

If you do try this and it helps, please let others know

Thanks Mary

• Posted

Hi sharleen, I've had it now for nearly week... I caught and reacted early thanks to my brother and his wife... You can't under no circumstances get it wet or put cream on... It has to be covered by something navy... And just be patient.... By putting creams on and having bath or shower you are only aggravating it more... It's caused by lot of stress... Hope it helps a little bit...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.