Pizotifen and bloating/ wind

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I've been on Pizotifen now for just over 2 weeks for treatment of Migraine with Aura.

Like others I have experienced the dreaded weight gain- 5 pounds so far sad. I have noticed an increase in my appetite, which was quite poor before. However, I keep a diary of my calorie intake and exercise and have noticed that I have been gaining weight despite eating fewer calories and doing much more exercise!

I've also been suffering from an embarrasing side effect- bloating and wind :-0. My stomach feels rock-hard and is very uncomfortable and I have been passing very smelly wind (sorry- tmi I know!).

Has anyone else been suffering with similar symptoms? My GP wants to do a review after 1 month but at this rate not sure I will last that long taking these.

Thanks,

Claire42

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, i got prescribed it 3 years ago i turned into the devil child my mom said and also gaining 1 stone in the 3 weeks i was on it so i stopped it i would not recommend it
  • Posted

Hello all. Just heard about this discussion and thought I would add my two pence worth,

I am a 69 year old male and have been taking 2 x 1.5 mg Pizotifen tablets every night for around 12-15 years (maybe longer) .Until 4 years ago when I developed a disabling foot problem I never experienced any of the side effects put forward so far, however since being less mobile I am gaining weight.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions, Is it due to my less active lifestyle because of retiring at 65 or is it my foot problem or the Pizotifen? probably a combination of all 3.

• Posted

Hi Claire I too have been put on this for migraines q is has it helped I am plagued with them 🙃 I just started mine last night but will keep u posted regarding weight etc I am also on 20ml Amatripalin have u tried that if ur not sure about the one ur on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.