Pizotifen early symptons

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have just started taking a course of Pizotifen - 1 week into now and i am only taken 0.5mg at night to start with - overtime the doctor has prescribed an increase in the dosage to a level which i feel comfortable with. So far the tablets have prevented me having a migraine or an intense headache which i was suffering with most of the time - but it is early days but a positive sign. However i am so tired all the time i feel completely out of it and am unable to focus. I am lethargic and it takes a great effort for me to do anything at all. Fortunately i am in between jobs so my work is not being affected but i am very worried that i won't be able to perform when i start work in a few weeks time apart from the fact that am fed up feeling like this when i am normally really active and full of life (except for when i have migraines that is). Is this normal and does the fatigue pass as my body gets used to the tablets? It would be great to hear about other peoples experiences to hopefully give me some hope.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I was on 0.5mg for a week. Headaches still there but the aura seems to be going. Increased dose to 1mg as adviced my doctor. Only on day 3& I'm exhausted!!! I can't sleep at night due to fuzzy head ful of cottonwool feeling&nightmares, then ko. I'm not a morning person anymore. I'm constantly snappy!

Afternoon knapp today was horrid! I couldn't get up for trying. eventually got myself up but took me at least an hour to gather my thoughts well enough to get ready.Everyday has been difficult - loosing chain of thought, trying to listen to ppl speak but cnt focus enough to know what they r saying, just alot of unfocued confusion.

Hoping the sideeffects will wear off soon so took them again today. Big mistake, I have \"fat pig syndrome\" like no tomorow. Considering the docs have told im \"too fat to have a baby\", this freaks me out. (even though I'm not quite convinced this is why I misscarried) I'v decided to stick with the migraines than to have to go through another miscarraige.

We (husband & friends) have decided, I'm best off without them.

• Posted

Hi tierdone,

first night on reduced dose. Thinking maybe I should just take it to get some sleep? Breathing all wierd and body ache (like when u get flu).

Head banging and still cotton wolly. So much for this medicine causes drowsiness!

Need sleep. Up in 5hrs & counting dwn.

Are u still on pizotifen? Hw do get off pizotifen without the withdrawal symtoms? Help someone!?

• Posted

Dear LifePassingMeBy, ur feeling ill due to benzo withdrawal which is equal to what a heroin addict feels. U need to reduce slowly to come off darling
  • Posted

hi Jes,

what's \"benzo withdrawal\"?

I reduced my dose and finaly got mentally strong enough to give up. My migraines came back and my head hurt so much I forgot how I felt like on them and trying to get off them. the doc wanted me on them for the rest of my life. I agreed with another trail period on them for 2 weeks. Same withdrawal issues and migraines getting worse each time. Starting to feel like giving up sweets for lent then roll on Easter if u get what I mean

don't think this is ever gonna fix it self.

No more pregnancies to deal with yet so that simplifies things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.