Pizotifen in adults?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone have experience of using this drug? I was put on it a couple of weeks ago for my migraines, and a few bizarre things have happened...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i have been on pzotifen (1.5mg) since july 1996 with no side effects at all.my migraines have gone totally.last one was about 8 years ago.i now find i may be getting immune to them.does anyone know of a substitute/replacement ?...thanks.
  • Posted

I suggest you speak to your GP. He/she knows you best.

I've noticed a drastic improvement in my migraines, but I've been having very distressing dreams...

• Posted

I was prescribed pizotifen in the spring of 2008 starting on a low dose and gradually increasing it over a period of 6 weeks. During that time I felt permanently stoned, I was sleepy, forgot to do things, had very vivid dreams. It was a very strange time but it did only last a few months, after that things were fine no more dreams and my memory returned to normal. I do still get migraine headaches but they are nothing by comparison, in fact if one comes on at work I can usually get through the rest of the day, drive home and then take the zomig.
  • Posted

It's helping the migraines, but the dreams aren't getting any better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.