Pizotifen symptoms

Posted , 21 users are following.

Hi there,

I thought I would ask advice from people here in the hope of finding out a little more about pizotifen.

I was prescribed pizotifen about three weeks ago, as a preventative for migraines. My migraines are not 'classic' and therefore I've tried a lot of different medicines. I was on propanalol until three weeks ago. I was fine on them for a while, but I gradually became immune to the effects.

With Pizotifen, I was told to take one tablet at night, and if I didn't see a difference after 2 weeks, to take 2. I have done this, and I take the two tablets (totalling 3mg), each day at 5pm. I find that I need to take it earlier to avoid the drowsiness. I'm just finding it hard to adjust to taking 2, as it leaves me incapable of thinking straight, and I can't find the motivation to do anything. I work two jobs, so when I get a night off, I'm inclined to veg on the sofa because I'm so worn out.

It's not like me to be in a daze, and I'm putting on weight because of the drug (although I'm strictly sticking to WeightWatchers too!), and am feeling bloated too.

My doctor said to try out the tablets for six weeks, and then to review it. Bu with three weeks to go, I'm just wondering whether it does get easier, or whether to book an appointment sooner to get it all sorted out. At the end of the day, all I need is something that works, but I don't want to sacrifice my lifestyle for it.

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi i too have been prescribed pizotifen , I take them at 10 pm every nite and they have saved my life , I have hemicrania continua and sciatica and a few other things but pizotifen should be taken at bed time 😉😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.