Plank Sleeping All of Sudden

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all,

I've been having terrible neck and shoulder pain lately and mentioned it to my husband who told me it was probably because of how he's caught me sleeping lately. Apparently, I am on my forearms in the plank position (lower part of my body laying flat, chest and head in the air, head just hanging there). I have never slept this way before. He has caught me like 5 times apparently and nudges me and tells me to roll over and apparently I do. Who sleeps like this?! I tried to Google it but apparently no one else sleeps like this. It's very weird and I don't know why all of a sudden I would start to do this. Any ideas? Thanks!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Oh, I should mention I start on my side. I usually alternate from side to side but have never done this whole planking thing before.
  • Posted

Hi Suvoth

Sorry, I have never experienced this sleep position. 

Hope there is someone on this forum that may be able to assisit further.

• Posted

I've actually been going through the same exact thing. I've woken up to find myself in that position, the first time I caught myself sleeping like that was about 4 years ago , I kinda shrugged it off and didn't think more of it but now that I have my girlfriend sleeping with me she says I do it every night and eventually turn over . If you find any answers please let me know .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.