Planning to get a tattoo but I have hereditary uricarial rash

Posted , 2 users are following.

Since I was born, I was told that i have hereditary uricarial rash, its not severe though. I get rashs when its cold or hot, exposed is dust, something rubbing in my skin, etc. And I was planning to get a tattoo since graduating from college. I was wondering if anyone is in a similar situation who has tattoos could give me some advice on what I should do.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have delayed pressure urticaria and normally flare up from having blood tests and was contemplating having my first tattoo at the ripe old age of 55yrs (bucket list). I waited till I wasn't so problematic and done it and had no problems. Personally I think you'd be alright. I mentioned my type of urticaria that is caused by any pressure friction or pressing and I was ok so I'm sure with your type would be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.