Plant based diet and dihharea

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am an 18 year old girl who lives a very healthy but chaotic lifestyle. I struggled all my life with severe ibs but I recently have cut out gluten dairy and most processed foods and have adopted a more plant based diet. I used to be severely constipated but now I have diharrea like bowel movements almost every morning and I just want to know will this get better as my body heals from all the gluten dairy and junk food?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I can't offer a lot of advice on whether it'll get better but maybe try increasing fiber intake? I've heard that helps with diarrhea, I'm not too sure though.

• Posted

Wow you have given your poor body a shock cutting out everything at the same time, yes Get rid of the junk food first, then the gluten, and only then the dairy.

?Are you still eating alot of things with sugar, that can make things very loose.

?Try some yoghurt, one with lots of acidophilus and other good bacteria and see if that helps settle things down to closer to normal.

?Can you tell us what you are eating, break it down to breakfast lunch + dinner, so we can see maybe where you are going a little bit wrong, but I would think if you are being sensible things will settle.

?Remember you still need some grains, what are your proteins, and calcium, where are you getting that from now, you don't want to later in life be suffering from osteoporosis, and the age you are, your body is still growing, and using a lot of energy to do that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.