planta fascitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

can anyone help i had op 3 weeks ago and im still the same as before , im useing crutches still

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi loulou, I had plantar fascia release surgery November 2016.  I had both feet done. All I can say is I was not given crutches as I was told it was really important to weight bear after a couple of days as this allows the plantar fascia to heal back more lengthened than it was, therefore relieving the pain caused by tension.  I would also say that 3 weeks after my op I was in despair thinking I had made a massive mistake.  Only over a year later can I fully feel the benefit. Give yourself time to heal, 3 weeks, you still have along way to go. Hope this helps, Amy. 
    • Posted

Amy! Girl!!! I'm suffering 9 months both feet can hardly walk or stand long! sad

I was hoping to feel some relief after graston treatments as I still need about 10 more! We are breaking down the scar tissue. As a dancer my whole life and an avid high heel wearer like all day everyday and a hip hop fitness instructor by night .... my feet have had enough! I am hoping for light at the end of the tunnel too as I have spent all my savings thousandssssss on conservative treatments and shoes the past months!

• Posted

I have heard it can take any where from 3 months to a year to notice any changes .... hang in three! How long were you suffering before op?
    • Posted

i was suffering about 2years,, had 3 injections in right foot , then found out on mri scan i had a tear, then , i had shockwave treatment , never worked , physio, then op , and still in pain, i only used crutches to get up for toilet or bed  for the first 2 weeks, but then this week tried without, and couldnt walk and its exactly the same, my ankles realy heat do you know why , i was doing what consultant said elevat them fir 2 week and get up every so often and put weight in them x
  • Posted

Hi Loulou! 

I just had surgery this past Friday after a year of failed conservative treatment and relentless pain. 

My surgeon gave me strict instructions regarding No weight bearing x 3 weeks and then will be limited weight bearing for 3 more. I was told to expect some degree of discomfort for up to a year post-op. He made it sound as though it won’t be as painful as it was prior to surgery but sore. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.