plantair fasciitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi iam waiting to have the steriod injection in heel meanwhile i like to walk am i damaging it more by tryin to walk on it

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Damage is possibly the wrong word, agravate it would be a better term but it would inflame it more unless you cushion it with gel heel pads or a pf insole which are 10 times the price of the gel heel pad. Rest and warm foot baths followed by some gentle stretching exercises are best if it is pf due to tight calf muscles but if its a strain then forget the exercises but do the rest. 
  • Posted

Buy a pair of good arch support orthotics. They don't have to be expensive. The ones that work the best for me are called PROFOOT Plantar Fasciitis Orthotics. They are the 3/4 length orthotic. You can buy them on Amazon if you can't find them in local stores.

• Posted

thanks lucy maybe then i wont have to have a foot injection thankoiu
    • Posted

Just remember that you have to wear the orthotics all of the time, except for when you shower or sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.