Plantar fachiitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with plantar  fachiitis in my right foot, now three weeks later both of my calfs are very sore like if I was doing heavy calf raises again! Some one please comment. Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

There was a song that is relevant, it went 'my knee bone connected to my thigh bone,my thigh bone connected to my hip bone and so on and it is the same with your calves, they are connected to the PF ligaments and it is normally the tightening of the calf muscles due to lack of use or age and this puts the pf under strain and it gets inflamed so hence the pain. The cure is to stretch those calf muscles to take the strain of the PF and cushioning the heel with gel pads helps to continue walking while the exercises stretch the calf muscles so they are bound to ache it means the exercises are working and the pf pain should start to subside

There are other causes of PF pain like torn tissue due to a strain, bony heel spurs and a growth of some kind so a doctor should always be consulted before stretching exercises are started in case of aggravating an injury but cold foot bathes and cushioning the heel should be safe to relieve the pain.

• Posted

Hi

Christopher has already explained the reason.

I find thatt aping my foot gives so much relief to the foot and eases the pain elsewhere.

Take a look how to do it and what tape to use on the web.  about £3.00

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.