Plantar fasciitis and 5th digit hammertoe correction

Posted , 2 users are following.

For 3 years I suffered from plantar fasciitis (PF) Ive tried everything. This pass 6 months my pinky toe (5th digit) started bothering me. Pass 3 months it got so bad. Sharp pains callus in between. I decides to have surgery. Im 6 days in and regret having both feet done at the same time. I cant walk and cant understand why the doctor didnt tell me this was a bad idea. Not much pain after the 4 days but cant put weight on my foot. Going to the bathroom I walk on my outer heel. Has anyone had this done on both feet.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have had PF going on 4 years & broke both pinky toes in one year.  I stubbed one & the other broke while stooping during painting of furniture, they seemed to be such mild stress to cause the breaks! They both still give me pain along with the PF.  What was your diagnosis?  What was the surgery that you had?  What type of Dr. did the surgery?  I am currently going to PT & it is so painful, I hate it. Thought I would give it 6 months to see effects or changes, & it is so expensive!  Are you feeling/noticing any relief since the surgery?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.