Plantar fasciitis and HLA B27

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have Plantar fasciitis for almost 2 years and take a look many recommends in this forum. But I saw no one relieve this issue even though people tried many different remedies possible. Last two weeks, my doctor asked me to have HLA B27 tes and I made it. Quite surprised that I got positive with this test. And my doctor told me, if I got HLA B27, it can cause hurt in my feet like plantar fasciitis. If I cannot treat for HLA B27, the PF never go away. I suppose that might be one of the reason I still have PF even though I took many treatments. Now I am considering have cure for HLA B27.

Is there anyone have HLA B27 positive and PF? I need your recommend for this case.

Thanks all! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Isn't the presence of that antigen found in your blood a sign that you might have   Ankylosing spondylitis or RA that caused your problem with PF? How is your spine health, any pain or stiffness? 

• Posted

Hi Vesna911,

I take an X ray for spline and it is still OK arcording to my doctor. I also have pain in my shoulder and sometime in middle back. I have stiffness at my feet joint. Doctor conclude I got Ankylosing spondylitis and it caused the PF. He said there some kinds of Ankylosing spondylitis, not always relate to Spline.

• Posted

I could write a long email about this but I think you would be better off reading about HLA B27 on Wikipedia. This is a serious condition which can lead to Ankylosing Spondylitis. It is usually found in the Rheumatoid Variant arthritis

You may or may not have plantar fasciitis. Please consult a Rheumatologist who can point you in the right direction and advise which medicines might help you.

• Posted

Hi John,

Thanks for your advise. Now my doctor recommand me take NSAIDs and Salazopyrine medicine. He asked me to excercise and go swimming frequently to prevent this sick. I am not sure it help recover my PF or not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.