Plantar Fasciitis and leg pain

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, can anyone help please - I'm a teacher on my feet all day, not overweight (well maybe a little) and I've had PF for a while. I wear inserts in my shoes. During the summer I wore flat sandals and now my feet and legs are in agony. During the day, if I make the mistake of sitting down for a while I can hardly get up, the pain in my legs and feet is so bad it takes a few seconds to get going again. Does anyone else get this?  I'm worried that its something separate from the PF.

Thanks for reading

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Are you stretching your calves? I had PF for 5 years. I have finally been getting some real healing these last 7 weeks. Have you ever googled New Zealand Green Lipped Mussel?
    • Posted

I'm having the same problem with my feet and legs. I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis once and was given a pain of socks, a splint which did nothing and stretch exercises. I didn't have the leg pain then. My foot pain got better and I didn't use the socks anymore but my pain came back but this time with leg pain, like sore and tired legs. I had an u/s to check for clots and nothing bad showed so im thinking that the plantar fasciitis is once again causing me all this pain. I can stand, walk, sit because if I'm going to get up I see Stars. What is going on with me. Pain is killing me. I hope you find some relief.

• Posted

Hope your better, since your post is 9months old?!

Briefly...no flats/ flip flops. Wedges with good arches. Gel heel pads. Sneakers with good arches-Brooks. Calf stretches. Roll feet on frozen ice bottle.

I've done it all...podiatrists, X-rays, cortisone shot......still suffer...over a year, in both feet.Got some relief...but... continue with discomfort. No cure, sad to say......just time.

• Posted

Hello Sarannie

Sorry to hear about your PF but on this forum we all know just how painful and distressing it can be.

You can look back at posts which give many recommendations and hopefully som may work for you. Personally I find Naproxen, a prescription only anti-inflammatory and pain killer very good at relieving symptoms. Two of my PF flare-ups have probably been due to many hours city sightseeing pounding hard pavements in non-supportive soft shoes and flat sandals.

People with either quite flat feet or high arches seem to be more susceptible and so good supportive footwear is essential for them. Try a good pair of newish trainers, not an old comfy pair that have gone soft, and use a gel heel support as well.

The pain in your legs may be unrelated but I find that the PF makes me walk in a different way, and this gives rise to muscle tightening and cramps, and joint pain in the knees and hips.

Hope things get better soon for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.