Plantar fasciitis back in a different spot?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I had PF back at the begining of the year and it was around for about 7 months of so.. due to a change in job poor footware and ignoring the problem at first. I tried multiple podiatrists, custom made orthotics, heel pads, accupuncture, physios everything but the injection and surgery. It did in the end clear up after limited exercising ( just the bike and swimming),careful footware ( including orthotics in trainers) and NSAID.

Now following an injury in my big toe and my gait changing to me walking on the outside of my foot PF is back but in another area of the foot.. I guess I was just wondering has anyone had PF in the lateral part of the foot or had PF come back after a good 2 months clear? I am so worried that I am back to square one! sad

Any advice would be great! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Well that sucks

I've never gotten rid of mine totally

I have a bad ankle is why

It has gotten better

I've never felt any pain in the front of the bottom of my foot

Since you hurt your toe and the pain is in front logic tells me it's a toe problem not PF

I guess off to the doc for you to anilize it

• Posted

Hey Ben thanks for your comment - oh no that sucks that yours has never gone away sad Yes I did go back to the doctor he said it is most likely PF the toe was a seperate issue which has healed but obviously when it was injured I was over compensating on the side of my foot - if only we could get a new foot wink
    • Posted

I'm a vet so they fit with some custom insoles at the vet hospital

They said my gait was all messed up

Will see if that helps

Yeah your toe probably brought PF again

Good luck with it

What a hassle , getting old sucks

• Posted

I had a similar experience....had a major op back in July, and to start with, walking generally was painful, and my gait changed to compensate....PF started to return, pain getting worse by the day! Took anti-inflammatories to ease the apin that was changing my gait, and within a couple of weeks PF had faded away again. Diclofenac is great for PF and hopefully help with the toe!
    • Posted

Glad Im not the only one! I just find it strange how it can go to a completely different area! Yes I am on diclofenac it helps a little but I still have that awful pain in the morning even with warming up my foot before hand.. out of curiosity how many diclofenac did you take a day? Thanks for your response smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.