Plantar fasciitis is getting worse

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am on my feet for 2 nights a week for 10 hours and that's torture for me. At the end of my shift I can barely walk to the bus stop. My feet pulse and ache a lot.

I have oversupination and have purchased insoles made for this condition and trainers with good cushioning but don't see an improvement.

I also have been off work the last 4 weeks and weirdly the pain seems to have gotten worse with the rest. If I am in bed for a while then get up I have shooting pains in my heels and I limp about for a while. I try to stretch my calves and plantar fascia regularly but the pain is not going anyway. 

What is left to try? Thanks in advance. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I know how miserable it feels! I assume you saw my previous post. I've tried everything. Just this week, I returned to the orthopedist...she said I probably still have the plantar fascia in both feet. Some people get over it faster than others. She has me doing blood work to rule out Lyme/ RA/ etc.and thinks I should have an EMG. 

Not sure if age is a factor.Ice 

water bottle relieves some pain. Lately I use a 'moist' heating pad which helps (calves) while in bed. Morning stretches before I get off the bed only give temporary relief, as does ibuprofen/Advil. Wish you well.

• Posted

I had pf for a couple of years after I retired so I think it is age related and due to a change in routine. I found insoles useless but I was told gel heel pads would help so I gave them a try with indometacin tablets to relieve the pain and gradualy the pf dissapeared and I only have the gel heel pads in my walking boots now. Pf is normaly a stabbing pain just in front of the heel as though you have stood on a nail and an aching pain along the sole of the foot.

Pf is thought to be due to tightening of the calf muscles due to old age or injury so stretching is good for the former but not if the tissues are damaged only rest, time and cushioning will work.

Hope this helps as I know how painful it is and it stops you doing all the things you enjoy as well as work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.