Plantar Fasciitis-Muscle tightness in both feet

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had plantar fasciitis for a long time now.  I do not always have pain in my feet, but have been experiencing muscle tightness too.

Anyone else experiencing this?  What can I do to get some relief?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I really get it as the many years I have had PF there is the ups and downs . Ice rest compress and elevate. Is always helpful. When on feet to long. 

Also rollinh anfrozen bottle of water under arches helps loosen tight arch. I never walk without my shoes with arches that help eliminate some pressure and good shoes.

• Posted

Thanks for the response.  The only thing that I am not doing/using anymore is ice. I may start using a type of a rolling pin on my feet, maybe that will help loosen up the tightness?  I will just have to experiment and see what happens,  I guess...
  • Posted

Hi Aimee,

The main cause of PF is the tightening of the calf muscles due to old age 40+ or a change of activity so yes my calf muscles ache every morning until I have done some exercise to stretch them but at least I do not get the stabbing pain in the heel that is classic PF. The rolling pin should help but try all the calf stretching exercises as some work better than others for different people. I never found icing helped as it just numbed the foot, warm footbaths or playing the shower on the sole and calf gave instant relief.

Gel insoles and heel pads certainly helped to carry on walking with PF and I still have them in most of my shoes,trainers and walking boots.

• Posted

Thanks for your response.  Just got to keep working with it.. tight calves.. yes.. definitely!!!  Feeling a little frustrated right now.. but will do my best to stay positive. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.