Plantar fasciitis night brace

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’ve had Plantar Fasciitis for awhile now maybe 8 months. I’m wondering if anyone has tried a night brace and if it has helped?

Thanks 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sandy,

Night braces are another way of stretching the calf muscles so yes they do work if it is calf muscles that are the cause which it often is. They stop the foot straightening out into the natural position while sleeping which stops the calf muscle from contracting and being tight in the morning. They should be used as well as the stretching exercises and cushioning the heel.

• Posted

For 2 yrs I just lived with heel pain and last June on a long distance backpacking trip I woke up and couldn’t walk so I ended up virtually dragging my leg to get out. Acupuncture helped then night brace ,epson salt soak and the biggest help was tapeing  which you can find on you tube for Plantar Fasciitis.Green super Feet in any shoe I wear. Don’t take walks on hard surfaces.I did not go too physical therapy which might help.7 months later I’m planning my next trip. I hope this helps as others will chime in as well. Good luck
  • Posted

Wore Amazon plantar boots on both feet at night for at least a year and it eventually cured me. No other treatment came close, I stopped all other treatment -the boots hold the foot at right angles ish to the leg and enable the tendon to slowly heal. Without the boots the tendon tightens at night and is again damaged in the morning when you stand, the boots should be promoted more as a cure for this problem in my opinion. 
  • Posted

i tried the boot and couldnt wear it in bed however when it flares up in the evening i wear it while im watching tv and seems to help 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.