Plantar Fasciitis pain while sitting or laying down?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. I have been having foot pain for about a month and was diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis by a podiatrist a few days ago, What I don't understand is that I have frequent (although not continuous) stabbing pain in my foot while sitting down and occasionally while laying down. I've read a lot about Plantar Fasciitis on the internet and I've never read anything about pain while sitting or laying down. Is this kind of pain normal? Sometimes it hurts less to walk than to sit. Could the podiatrist have misdiagnosed me? (I told him about the pain while sitting.) Thanks for any help.  

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

PF is helped by icing the feet and stretching,  but also et your vitamin D level checked.    My feet would hurt in the evening when I put them up, and woke me up in the night.  Kept going back to my doctor and after various tests they found my level was slightly low.  I started googling and it turns out that Vitamin D deficiency can cause bone pain in the feet and legs.

• Posted

WHere about is he stabbing pain and how far does it radiate?
    • Posted

Sometimes it's in my heel and sometimes it's in my arch. It doesn't radiate very far. 

• Posted

I am also having same problem,it pain while sitting and laying,mostly arch .My vitamin D was low and B12 was also Low.I took supplements but it is still hurting. Now it started in Both Legs.

John, Did u get any relief? 

• Posted

Hi John ,I also get terrible stabbing pain sometimes when I’m relaxing ,it feels like a hot poker going across the middle of my foot .Ive suffered with my feet for about two years now and it’s getting worse ,I’m waiting for an appointment with physio ,I’m hoping they can say for definite what I have , I’m not convinced I. Have plantar facitis .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.