Plantar Fasciitis solved! for me at least.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Fat guy here decided to run and got PF in both feet, inner tendons and slightly the middle ones too. Crippling pain for 5 months, hard to walk. THEN the blizzard hit here in Virginia Beach. For nearly two weeks, I switched into my trusty snow stomping boots which lace halfway up my calfs, are insanely insulated, goretex, vibram sole, etc etc. Basically the kind of boots an Alaska Hunter would wear. My heel and tendons didn't move during this time since I step with my hips instead of feet, given this kind of boot which is very stiff. Does that make sense? After two weeks, my tendons had healed. That was two months ago. Hooray!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So glad to hear you’re better. I have gone through P.F., not pleasant. It’s quieted down now for me too. 👍

• Posted

Hi Allan,

The sounds like you PF was due to injury so resting it for a couple of weeks was the ideal solution we normally have to do stretching exercises and cushion the heel. Better ease off the all you can eat breakfasts if you want to run its a No no IF YOU ARE OVERWIEGHT as I am at 14 stone, hope it keeps away, its bloody painful.

• Posted

Yes, it was injury due to pushing too hard on day 1 of exercise. But the point is I got lucky and inadvertantly healed with the right footwear... which enabled me to " rest" the injury whilst still going about my day.

• Posted

I'm sooo jealous! Right foot for me. Agony. Padding, gel heels, taping, night brace. Oh.......and painkillers. Far too many painkillers. Might look for a more rigid, sturdy work footwear!! We keep fighting the battle! Glad you won!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.