Plantar fascitis/agony. Please help.

Posted , 13 users are following.

I've had plantar fascitis for about 5 weeks in my left foot. It has been absolutely agonising. I have been a chef from the age of 16 until 27, being on my feet for hours on end with this is torture. I'm really struggling to cope at work and it has now started in my other foot as I've been putting my weight on my good foot when I can. I've tried orthotic insoles, a foot restraint, arch support, 5 and 10 percent ibuprofen gel, voltarol gel, Cocodamel, a night splint. Just bought some telic flip flops as I'm going away and some gel heel inserts. I've tried a foot roller, bag of frozen peas. Literally at my wit's end. The voltarol gel helps slightly but not for long and the night splint has eased the pain slightly but all the rest have failed miserable. Can anybody please recommend any form of treatment. I've looked into a tens therapy machine. But I don't know where to go next. Its starting to become expensive and frustrating with some but no relief. Thankyou

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Mitchell,

I know exactly how does it feel like. Try Shapecrunch's custom insoles which are perfect custom designed to fit individual and also biomechanic needs.  Custom orthotics are made to correct the foot and prevent the problem from aggravating. They have insoles for both sports shoes and casual regular shoes. You can try this insole.

ShapeCrunch's Custom Insole. 

• Posted

Hello. Thankyou for the information. I've tried 4 orthotic insoles so far. ,3 absolutely no help at all. And I've recently started to use a memory foam insole which has been pretty good. I will look into the custom made one though thankyou

• Posted

Hi Mitchell,

Hope you are feeling great today.  It does sound like you have been feeling better/your feet.  I am very happy for you and hope that your feet continue to feel great.

Take care of those feet,

Aimee

• Posted

Hi Aimee. My feet have started to hurt again unfortunately No where near as painful. But there so so. Twinges the odd stabbing pain. I bought off Amazon some memory foam insoles and used them at work today. They are a step above the other 3 I have tried. Actually got through the day remarkably well.
  • Posted

Hi Mitchell,

I thought that you were feeling better, sounds like you are experiencing some pain again.  That is too bad, PF comes and goes with me.  I just put my feet up for a little while and that was a good thing to do, but then started to walk around again and the pain came back.  Very very frustrating at times, but just got to hang in there and know that it will go away.. it just has too!!!!!

Take care,  Aimee

• Posted

Hi again Mitchell,

I am glad that you got through your day at work..  Now you can put your feet up for awhile.  Because that does help.

Take care.. and hope to hear from you again.

Aimee-

• Posted

Hi Mitchell.  It's Aimee.. remember me?

Just wanted to see how you are getting along with your PF.  Is it getting any better, stopped hearing from you.. so I thought that maybe you were cured.  Are you?  Is that possible? I sure hope so-

Let me know how you are getting along, okay?  I am hanging in there, have good/bad days.  I feel that I have made some improvements, just takes time.. the body works in mysterious ways.. I guess?

Keep in touch and take care,  Aimee

• Posted

Hi Aimee. Been a while. And my feet are alot better. Ended up packing my job in 3 weeks ago. I was fed up of feeling miserable and in pain every week. Id have 2 days off. 2 days of work was good on my feet and it would go back to square one. So I've decided have some time off try and rest them. In 3 weeks I've had 2 days of stabbing pain in my right foot. And there alot better now. Still tender and achy but alot better. How are you coping? All the best

• Posted

Hi Mitchell,   It is great to hear from you.  I am coping okay.. still have PF in both feet.. but am doing my best to stay positive.  As I am also working on losing weight, have to stay positive with that too.

Keep in touch, maybe there is a way we could exchange emails?

Let me know what you think,  okay?

Take good care,  Aimee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.