Plantar fascitis left heel :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

I received cortisone shot Friday. How long should I wait to stretch my foot or start physical therapy to avoid tearing the fascia or a tendon??

Anyone do ART?? Does it help??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Depends wether your pf was due to injury, a tear or strain or due to tight calf muscles. If the former then you had best give it time to heal, a couple of weeks but if liike me it was due to old age then a couple of days should be fine. Don't forget to use gel heel pads to cushion the heel straight away to allow the cortisone to soak into the pf tissue which is why they say to rest for a couple of day's. I have regular shots in my Knee and it works really well for 3-6 months but it is important to get it in the right place which is more difficult with the pf and the spine.

• Posted

Mine was do to injury. I favored my knee which had a meniscus tear and put too much weight on my heel. My podiatrist treated me for tendonitis (per the MRI report) which oddly was inaccurate.

After 6 weeks and sono/foot baths it just aggravated it more. My right heel hurts at times too, but this may be due to trying to use generic orthotics.

I'm hoping pt and ice will help.

I was just trying to make sure it's ok to stretch at pt after 2 1/2 days resting it. Sadly, I stand most day at my job which doesn't help.

• Posted

Yes.. so far best orthotic I found is the one Dicks sells for pf. I have a custom one being made. I found the most relief with Merrels. 

2 mos in and I still feel like I'm walking in a heel bruise.

I'm doing stretching, pt, icing, and next strength training.

I'm beginning to think only way to fix this is to kick something really hard, in the hopes it reinjures it and sends blood there again.

I won't do fascia release per everyone's advice not to.. 

Are u suffering now? If not, how long till yours resolved?

Mine was from injury not running 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.