Planter facia, from left to right, for the past year. Still having pain.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 67. It began last April in R foot, then the L foot..I spent lots of $$ seeing 2 podiatrists, doing physical therapy, had X-rays, then MRIs, using special sauce, wearing different orthotics, purchasing recommended shoes and wore boots! The left heal got so bad that I finally saw an ortho foot doctor, who gave me an injection in my heel, which gave relief. Now, Both feet tend to tingle, in the under tendon area.  I also get what feels like electrical zaps, and  tightness up my calves. ALEVE is no longer helping. I do recommended stretching exercises as well. I try to keep up with some parts of Silver Sneaker classes, rest my legs on an ottoman each evening, but, nothing helps. No problems sleeping, but morning wake up ...it starts all over again. PS.. I eat well/ take vitamins/ supplements as needed.

I return to my ortho doctor this week. I'm soooo discarded and walking is very uncomfortable.

Any further advice? Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello

Did you try hot or cold compresses? Maybe some topical analgesic? , I know it's not enough but maybe it will help

Try the compresses if you didn't :-)

• Posted

Yes, I have I continue to roll a frozen water bottle under my feet while sitting. I've tried a moist heating pad as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.