Planter Faciaitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been doing ankle pumps to help my tkr, now I have developed  Planter Faciaitis. Has anyone else experienced this. I am afraid to get Cordizone shot because of infection, so now I have pain in knee and my heel😫 it has been 7 months since tkr

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I've experienced both issues but not simultaneously. Do you by chance have fairly high arches on your feet? The fasciitis is tiny tears in the tendon under your feet. Given rest they begin to heal and then when you stand on your feet again they tear once more. Pain is often worst when you first get out of bed after a nights healing. I suggest you look into some arch support for your footwear and do not go without shoes even in the house. You need to stop stretching those feet tendons so much. 15 minutes ice several times a day will also help.

Probably wise not to risk introducing infecton through injections. My fasciitis was pretty tender and it healed well with good foot support and rest. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Arlene, I haven't had PF but have heard quite a few on here who have had it after TKR. It is therefore another thing that can be considered 'normal' after TKR!! Some get it some don't!!?? A friend had it (not after TKR) & I know how painful it is! It's one of those horrible things that can happen at any time, but isn't permanent.

Larry has given very good advice, try to follow it.

I wish you well.

Marilyn 

XX

• Posted

I am 9 weeks out of TKR and exhausted- not sure why.  My problems started October 19- 2016 when i had a cortisone injection in my knee.  I was infected with a rare strep that put me in the hospital for a month/ 8 weeks IV antibiotics/ 3 surgerys / wheelchairs/ walkers/ 3 months Physical Therapy and one year later the TKR.  I had taken the shot many times before and it helped but when you get infected it is a nightmare.  1% chance but it does happen.
  • Posted

I've had plantar fasciitis but it was years ago and came on after one of my night shifts. I went home and I thought there was a big lump where the heel and the arch meet. I asked my husband to look and he couldn't see anything it felt like there was a golf ball in my shoe. My GP said it was PF and gave me some exercises to do. I'm sorry to say it took over a year for it to go😢. Stretch, massage and ice is what I was advised. Roll something hard under your foot to massage it. Active 650 do a support and if it's anything like their knee supports it should work a treat 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.