Plateau

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking for a while but this is my 1st post smile

I've been on Orlistat since march 1st and dropped 17.8lbs so far - found it a really good diet so far, started off 17st 5 (shudder) and weighing in now at 16st 2 :D

Found some of the posts on here very helpful but I have been stuck for the past 2 weigh ins at the 103 mark,I've been going to the gym 4 times a week for an hour, eating better than before as it's now summer and salads are the obvious choice!

Have any of you ladies & gents got any advice? I'm getting very frustrated!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

my only advice is to keep it up, sometimes we plateau but hopefully you'll be seeing some inch loss in that time and you may find it picks up again, dont loose heart.

have you tried having a cup or 2 of green tea a day to boost the metabolism?

also if you're going to the gym make sure its cardio you're doing and allow for some muscle weight gain which isnt bad!

• Posted

I complained to my nurse about that, how comes not changing the diet and still taking the tablets why did some weeks I didn't lost anything. She said sometimes the body gets into a routine and seems to forget to metabolise the fat (laymans terms) so you need to change something to get it to kick start the process again.

I have had a couple of days in the week lately when I haven't been on the diet 24/7 but have stuck to a low fat diet as much as possible and have my weight has started to drop off again. see stats below.

going for a weigh in again on Friday and hoping that more has come off, according to my Wii I have lost 3lbs since last week but my Wii and Dr's scales don't agree so I only post my Dr's weigh in details.

Maybe you could try uppp'ing your fluid intake, having a small apple after a main meal

• Posted

ahh thank you smile

I've had a few days where it's been hit & miss, nobody except my boyfriend and mum know i'm taking the Orlistat, so going to bbq's and birthdays are a tad tough!

Especially when they basically consist of burgers and booze, students don't really seem to do salads hehe

How much water/green tea would you recommend per day? I always carry a ltr bottle with me to the gym/shopping etc. smile

• Posted

I've never been a big hot drink drinker with only a cup of tea in the morning to get me started but i'm having a cup of green tea after each meal...forcing it down as i really don't like the stuff. Been told that the green tea and lemon is nicer so going to try that when I've run out of what I have. Don't get too disheartened about the plateau. From what I can see it's fairly common and if you're going to the gym that often definately take measurements as well as just looking at the scales because it could show there. Fingers crossed for a loss on the next weigh in.
  • Posted

Thanks for your advice smile went to sainsbury's today and bought a pack of green tea with different fruits in, think i'm going to try the raspberry one tonight! if it's gross i'll just hold my nose smile

Weighed myself at home today and im [b:3a955aa715]still[/b:3a955aa715] 103 blooming eck.

I'm actually quite worried they'll take the orlistat off me sad would they do that? this will be my 3rd weigh in at the same weight, no loss no gain. help![/b]

• Posted

the green tea is not exactly like an enjoyable cuppa to say the least, like suza i have the one with lemon, i wait til its jus cool enough to drink and chug it down, you do get used to it! its far better with a hint of anything than it is plain!
  • Posted

I've had a couple of visit's when I have just not lost any, 3 weigh ins ago I was so upset about it I asked about using slim fast to see if that shifted anything, nurse said ok. never got round to using it that week and then the week after just didn't have the time to do it and as the weather was getting better was out and about more.

went back I think after 4 weeks and had actually lost 5lbs and this time after 3 weeks have lost 2.5lbs.

Only thing I can see that has changed is that I am eating more pasta and rice, less potatoes and bread sometimes only having a apple for breakfast and am walking more.

As I have previously said the nurse has said that the body does sometimes get used to the diet so it needs a bit of a kick start again. try changing your diet a little, eating earlier, obviously don't know what time you have tea but should be no later than 6.30.

or maybe have a few days off the tablets but still stick to the diet restrictions then start taking them again.

• Posted

Update!

I just wanted to say thanks for the advice, the green tea and the apple must have worked as my weigh in yesterday I'd lost 2.5 lbs smile going to the gym might finally be working!

Also, has anyone tried Whittards instant green tea? it's got splenda in it so it's low calorie, and its infused with strawberry's and other flavours - tried a sample and it was sooo nice! although i did think at the time - this is too nice to be good for me! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.