Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Treatment

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has anyone had Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Treatment? Is it any good?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes I did, its fantastic. I had a tkr 18 months ago and still battling with pain going up and down steps. I wish I'd heard of PRP before I had the tkr. The PRP knee is feeling fantastic and i was told i needed a tkr on this knee as well. In fact I'm thinking of trying PRP for the knee replacement knee to see if it will help with the pain.

• Posted

Thanks so much. That sounds fantastic. Is it very expensive and how many goes do they need initially? Do you have to have it on a regular basis?

• Posted

who does this? the orthopaedic surgeon? are you in the states or UK. I had tkr 19 months ago and am still in agony.... everyday...

• Posted

I am not sure it works if you have already had a knee replacement. It is if your knee is starting to cause problems before you have had the op.

• Posted

I tried PRP several times, as well as Stem cell injections. I think my knees were just too bad for either injections tube successful. However, there were several people in the doctors office, who did the injection, who had great success. I wanted to not regret trying everything before doing surgery, and if you can afford it, I would suggest giving it a go.

• Posted

Hi there, I have done PRP jab for my menicus tear since 2015. DR did say that I need to do surgery as the jab wont cured the tear. Its been 4 years so far so good. GO FOR IT!

• Posted

I am 38, i was suffering from minor meniscal tearing as well as mild knee osteoartritis due to an injury 6 years ago. I was suffering of pain and swelling for a long time. I tried physio, laser ,,,but nothing was better than prp injection . I did only one injection 6 months ago and I have got back to normal activities. I live in Toronto and I found an amazing sport medicine doctor who did the prp injection and charged me 550$. I strongly recommend it for anybody who is suffering chronic knee pain.

• Posted

Hi,

I had an N Stride injection last April which I think is similar to PRP injections. It is a single injection where blood is taken from your arm and placed in a centrifuge and then a small amount is injected back into your knee. It is supposed to reduce imflammation and delay the need for knee surgery. It cost me £1000. It did help me get through the Summer and the pain did seem to lessen.

However, the grinding bone on bone pain continued, so at the end of January I underwent total knee replacement. I think that, in my case the arthritus was quite extensive and I had left it too late for the injection to be helpful

I was not keen on the idea of surgery , so I decided to try the injection, but it did not help me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.