Platelets

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i have UC . I was just wondering if anyone else has raised platelets even when in remission. My lastest blood tests show this but all else is normal.

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi my platlet count is 950 and the average is about 350 i think. Even when on infliximab every 6 weeks. Basically your bodys not reacting as it should even tho you feel like your in remission as high platlet count is a sign of inflammation. 
  • Posted

Thankyou for your reply. Mine is not mega high was 472. I just wondered if it meant a flare was coming or platelets are often high even if no active signs are there at present. Im off on holiday soon to America and dont want to be flaring.
    • Posted

Mine have been that high for years it def shows signs of inflammation but if i was u id try n watch what i eat ect before you go to give urself the best possible chance of having a nice time. N maybe take some steroids with you just incase
  • Posted

Had another blood test yesterday so il see what comes back from that.if need be il call IBD nurse for advice on meds. Has yours been in the 900s for many years and was it a slow increase over time, (if you don't mind me asking). I was diagnosed with protitis in 2005...then found it had spread to left sided colitis 2 years ago. Ive never taken much notice of platelets until now. Do you think they predict a flare,then reduce after..or do they stay up anyway?

Thanks again.

• Posted

They said to me they don’t usually take much notice of high platlets its more how the patient feels but mine were so high they had to change something n for me tht was my treatment. Nobody mentioned them before untill recently but they said mine have been high for a while. So i wudnt panic too much if u feel ok u knw ur body better than anyone else so take it easy n id just take prednisone if u feel a bit u well uc wise to cocer urself untill u get bk thats wot i wud do anyway n ive been through everything trust me lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.