platlets going up and down

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi i am on hydroxurea have had no problems with it since iwas at hospital in may my platlets were 190 last week they were 178 my heamatologist is and his registrar is fantastic i go every three month i was 24 when it occurred i know what the outcome may happen but you have to remain up beat as you would end up feeling sorry for your self and it doesnt change the outcome and it wont cure the condition it self stay positive

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

as to my platelet count going up down as i said at christmas but it is getting even worse i went in jan it went up to 379 now feb it went down to 303 also i am on folic acid and also my heamaglobin level was low now i am on ferrous sulphate my hospital visit is in april so my visits have went from three month then it went to one month then two month my platelet count is normally stable but it gone out of control i am on hydroxcarbamide 1 daily mon to sat and 2 on a sun also dyprimydole
  • Posted

i have had to endure 2 month course of iron tablets which i hated as it played havoc with my stomach the last time i was at hospital platelet count and heamaglobin count go up and down and also my white count was down had to go to nurse to go and get my blood down two weeks later but it seemed to be a blip i go back on the 12/8/2010 i know long term use of hydroxcarbamide can lead to leukemeia but i am not upset about that as at the end of the day if it happens it happens getting upset would just make me feel worse so to everyone who has et just keep your self very positive and live for each day smile
  • Posted

would love to hear from fellow sufferers and keep intouch with them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.