Please advice im freaking out. I have this raised skin on glans, what is it?

Posted , 3 users are following.

im 26 years old. i noticed this in my glans around 3 weeks ago. its kind of raised skin, slightly different in color, doesnt hurt or itch at all. i remember in the beginning after i had a shower, the skin over it was peeling and if i scartch it, i could remove the skin a bit hardly. i started applying topical anti fungal cream for around 10 days now, i think it go slightly less bumpy or more flat. does it look like a fungal infection? or could it be something else?? i had unprotected sex a while ago, i tested for hiv, syphilis, hepatitis b and c and came negative.

please advice, im freaking out

imageimageimageimageimage

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

nothing worry about it..its only fungal infection or balanitis..or nothing else...just wash your pennis with water( only cold water) daily nd no soap no chemical etc..and then wash yours pennis with soft cloths nd keep them dry..it take 2 to 3 weeks to become normal...otherwise you go to your GP first...

• Posted

So when you say this:

" i remember in the beginning after i had a shower, the skin over it was peeling and if i scartch it, i could remove the skin "

what your skin has been subjected to is quite a severe irritant - and obviously, what you need to avoid is using whatever it was that caused the irritation.

If you have not recently had sex - don't know what you mean by " a while ago " - the irritant could be something you have quite innocently used, such as a soap or a shower gel, or perhaps something like a Lube that you had not used before ...... ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.