please advise! Giving up hope!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I’m nearly 10 weeks on Prozac. Still waking every hour at night and feeling nauseous. Started to really pick up in the afternoons so thought this was it... starting to work at last. Out of the blue I got a panic attack driving to work today. Am really worried now....am I ever going to get on top of this. Would be so grateful for any advice xx

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi can what dose are you on
    • Posted

I am on 20 mg from day 1. Gp doesn’t want to increase until I have had cbt which I am on waiting list for. She said 20mg should be enough to work 
    • Posted

I would ask again can't see the point if you are struggling you can always drop down I've been on 40 for 6weeks still getting there been on it before and it does work but slowly have a look at Dr Harry Barry on YouTube worth a look x

• Posted

Hiya caz... hate to say this, but unless your doc or any one eles as taken this med, they not got a clue, yeah they are docs and we rely on them ( well I don’t now ) but they just read out of a book, and what so many test say have been done on people... but we are al SO different and what is great for one on a low does, doesn’t me the next person will... other wise why would they have Prozac at a higher dose as well?? 

20mg was no where near strong enough for me, and I was like you feeling crap, and I didn’t want that, so up I went, my daughter is on 20 mg and been on it 3 yrs, she still as up and down days...

Is your sleep prob only started since being on Prozac ???

Iv had alfull sleep now for nearly two years, don’t get to sleep TIL 1/2 then awake again prob every hour or so... yet Iv only been on Prozac for 9 months, so it’s not the Prozac caursing ME sleep probs ( mite others tho ) if you can keep going untill you have your CBT then do so as you have now come this far, and stopping will cause you withdrawal prob any way.... don’t like to say, but it is still early days chic.. I know it’s not what you want to here.. 

keep your head up, and try and take your mind of things, easy said then done I know... good luck and keep talking big hug 🤗x

• Posted

Hi dawn sorry to gatecrash someone elses post but i know you have alot of experience on this med. im wk 13  and waking all night with this weird feeling like my heart is beating too slow. I feel like i cant sleep because i go into a massive panic it almost feels like my heartbis about to juat stop. Its really scaring me. I am juT wondering is this normal so far in? Xxx
    • Posted

Hiya star.. that’s fine chic, I’m always here if you need to chat ..

You still on 20 mg ? As I know you do struggle... but yes I do understand that feeling unfortunately, prob a few months ago, so that be 7 month on this med, I would wake in the nite, with the feeling that my heart missed a beat, and I panic as I tried to find my pulse and I couldn’t 🤔 and it did keep happing for maybe a month or so for me... but yes it’s very scary, but I’m much older then you and going through menopause, so throught it’s that what is caursing the prob...

Your mind plays these alfull games with us, and we over react some times, and the dread of going to sleep can be horrid...

Some how you need to be able to control your mind, or try meditate cds, or down load onbto your phone... we are always going to have ups and downs, even me and I’m on 60 mg... after 9 month on Prozac I’m feeling great, but still have the odd day where I have a blip, and that’s just life I’m afraid, as we are not robots, that don’t think, and it’s just that our minds are doing this to our body’s...  and that can over take what the meds are trying to help us with, and control... so yes some times these feelings will interacted in our daily life, no mater how long you are on these meds...

The more you over think things, the worse they become.. take care chic, and don’t suffer in silence, keep talking as much as you can.. big hug 🤗xx 

• Posted

Iv been having these little ‘epidodes’ during the night since before christmas so avout 8 weeks now. Im on 10mg but thinking of weaning off as i wasnt having these symptoms before i started this drug. 

I just feel so scared Dawn. I have a baby girl and lately every time i close my eyes to sleep i wonder if i will ever wake up again xxx

• Posted

Rrr bless you star, I know it’s difficult with you having your little girl with you... have you had a ECG done? Or spoke to your doc on these concerns your having, maybe just Prozac don’t agree with you for what ever reason, but your doc will help you decide what’s best, and there is other meds you can try if you do wish to chic...

Keep your chin up and let me know how you are doing 🤗x

• Posted

Ye i had a 24 hr ecg and it came bk normal. I dodnt no t i cant just accept that xxx
    • Posted

Why can’t you except that?? They would of picked some thing up chic if there’s a prob, you can’t walk around with at monitor on for the rest of your life can you?? You should be looking for ward to your life, you are young with a wonderful daughter there, who needs all of her mum, be pound to have her there with you, and watch her grow up, and try not to worry that you mite not be there for her, or you will ruin your life on WHAT IFS 

Keep talking chic, as we are all here for you, one day, you will turn your life around and enjoy it big hug 🤗x

• Posted

Dawn i honestly dont know some days i know its so irrational and other days i just feel this intense fear xxx
  • Posted

Hi caz are you having any heart symptoms xxx
    • Posted

Hi, not too bad just racing a bit when I wake up anxious. The worst is the nausea and feeling I will have a panic attack. I will stick with it until 12 weeks then rethink either increase or.... don’t know what else just hoping it will get better! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.