Please can anyone help me ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have made another post about this before.But now I am so scared.I lost my appetite about three months ago,it came back for a short time,then I lost it again.I am losing at least one to two pounds per day.I was 9st 6 pounds about two months ago,now today I weigh 8 st.I am very skinny now very weak,trembling nausea,cannot stand smell or look of foood Now I can barely eat them,been trying to force feed with toast,cold milk,pears or peaches..I have had a feeling in my upper abdomen not unlike,fear,butterflies,slight sore feeling also.I feel quite ill now and very frightened.No indigestion or heartburn,nor vomiting,does not hurt to eat or during eating nor after,my doctor has got me a urgent endoscope for thursday 24/7/14.His words were it is possible something nasty is growing in there.But i do not think I will make it to thursday,am so tired and weak.Has anyone any experience of my symptoms in gastric cancer.I am 65 years old,I would be so very greatful for any advice or help.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Ive no experience of this Tasha but I do hope that  you go to for the test. Could a friend take you, or there are volunteer drivers who will take patients  who have no transport.  If you feel really ill contact your doctor and request a home visit. He may then be able to arrange something for you. As someone who has had cancer I know the fear you are feeling, but it's better to know  then imagine. Remember it may not be the worst. Please let me know how you get on. 
    • Posted

I am so very sorry that you have had cancer,feel such a stupid person now! Fear is a terrible thing and it makes you seek out answers from anywhere you can.Yet we all know that others cannot give us definite answers,but no matter what others replies makes you feel not alone so much.Like most feel at times like backing out of the endescope,but I know that is where my answer will be.Sounds silly I know but right now not sure if I fear the test more or the outcome.So strange.To many what ifs in my head.Think I need to calm down and stop imposing my concerns on others who actually have this wicked,evil disease.I thank you so much for taking your time to reply.As soon as I know I will let you know.I hope your doing well.Again my sincere apologies.Take very ood care of yourself x

• Posted

Nothing to apologise for my illness was a while ago now and I only mentioned it to let you know that I do understand what you are going through. Fear can take your life over. Personally I was like a zombie going and doing what they told me to do. You will be frightened. You are a human being who is ill and  not sure what the future holds. So....  Go for the test girl. I shall be thinking of you on Thursday and mentally walking the walk with you. 
  • Posted

How did you get on today?  I was thinking of you. 

If you decided not to go, don't feel bad. Hospitals and tests are very frightening. 

• Posted

From the bottom of my heart I thank you for your kindness to me.I will never ever forget you.Yes! I went.Not the best experience ever,found it quite painfull at times,did not have anasthetic ,as it turned out I thank god that nothing was to be seen,other than something called h Pylori.Antibiotics for three months,small price to pay.to be given my life back,how I wish that those prior to myself,and those ahead could be given the same.He did ask if I would like a colostomy,but I am so weak from weight loss and all the worry.Lovely doctor and nurses,so very kind.Enough about me how are you?You are all so strong,and puts me to shame.Strange thing about this but at 2am this morning I awoke starving so,ate a chicken leg like a cave woman.But of course today no appetite.Please keep in touch,would love to know you are ok.xx
  • Posted

What good news. Now you can start getting better. It will probably take a while to get your appetite back your body has got used to lack of food. Perhaps your doctor could help you. Maybe these high protein drinks etc. I'm the last person to advise you. I'm always trying to lose weight. I've absolutely no problem putting it on.  Lol!

i am well thank you. My illness was quite a long time ago, although you never forget what you go through. For me personally it wasn't a matter of being strong. I went through what I went through because I had no choice. I'd rather have gone to Italy. 

It wiill be nice to keep in touch. I've only just read your previous postings and realised you are on your own. I, too live on my own, but I do have a support network. 

I want to here that you are putting weight on and eventually  about the fattening foods you will be eating. Who am I kidding I will be eating them as well. 

Speak to you soon, or post to you soon?  Whatever!  Dee

• Posted

What bad grammar. . I want to hear' not here. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much.Yes have been taking ensure,not started tablets yet,just got them.I seem, to be having small openings when I want to eat,all quite strange.One of my antibiotics is clarythramicin,think it makes me vomit if I remember rightly.Please take good care of yourself and I will reguarly keep you updated .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.