Please can I get some advise on UTI!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

HI I really appreciate some advise, I had first ever UTI/bladder?kidney infection about 6 weeks ago, no doctor actually confrimed what it was . But I was really unwell, sweats, chills buring pain peeing, was in bed 4 weeks, wiped out took 2 antibiotics total 8 days.

I still didnt feel right after, sent in 3 or 4 urine samples , nothing showed, finally last week side was bacteria but couldnt say which type, took another antibiotic for week, felt great for 3 days then chills tiredness pelvic pain again, dipstick showed positive for white blood cells.

I dont know why it hasnt gone im health , eat really well never had anything like this in my 40 years.

also the reason I didnt pick up on the first infection early was that, I had no burning etc, first symptom was extreame tiredness followed by sweats, chills.

I know all the things not to do for uti's!

and cramberry juice is a load of **** dosent work for anything.

I'd really appreciate any positive advise on this , other experience of uti 's and antiobiotics etc

alternative

anyone who antibiotics did work for I would like to hear too, which type

tried D Mannose unforunately didnt work

Thank you

Julie

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jules. Did you find any help?? I've had this UTI but I think kidney infection now for a month. Got diagnosed with uti Took Macrobid antibiotics for 5 days. Symptoms went away for a few days then came right back. Went on Ceftin for 7 days had major side effects. UTI didn't go away. I still feel really sick. Just like you stated Chills, Sweats , Nauseous no appetite. Forcing myself to eat and back pain. I even went to the ER . I need help I'm getting really scared !

• Posted

im dealing with fhe same issues its ruining my life ive never been this sick since i had covid im still suffering effects from that

• Posted

hello i am dealing with the same issues i had a uti in january was on macrobid for 7 days it went away now this month is comes back worse then before im tired weak and dizzy i can barley get out of bed i had diarreah and horrible back pain ive tryed cranberry juice and tablets and nothing ive used azo and not much relief i see my dr on monday ..what were your symptoms

• Posted

How are you all doing now?

I'm in the same boat, so so miserable xxx

• Posted

Hey,

I've had issues with UTI's/ UTI like symptoms for the past 3 months.

Around the same time each month since March this year, I have experienced your typical UTI symptoms - strong urge to urinate, burning during and after peeing, mild pelvic/bladder discomfort (and even blood in the urine for my "second" UTI in April). 2 weeks ago I experienced the same symptoms again, went to the doctor, was prescribed antibiotics (just like the previous two times) and this time they even did a urine culture - BUT, the culture was a 'negative' result, meaning there was no bacteria present - at least that's my understanding. The antibiotics always clear things up within a day or two, yet this keeps coming back around the same time each month - about 3-4 weeks after I finish the antibiotics!

Antibiotics that I have had are: Selexid and Furadantin.

I have tried everything from regularly drinking cranberry juice, taking cranberry supplements, peeing after sex and washing after sex, wiping front to back.... it goes on.

Now I am here two weeks after my last doctor's visit, experiencing the burning sensation after I pee and bladder/pelvic discomfort once again..... Going back to the doctor tomorrow to discuss the results of the culture!

I have no idea what is going wrong or what is causing the issues 😦

• Edited

have you tried Hiprex tablets? I live in Australia and we can get them over the counter at the chemist here. In big bottles there about $40. you can take them long term. But don’t take them with antibiotics. Apparently the Hiprex make your urine acidic and change the environent into formeldahyde which sounds a bit awful but it does work. Don’t take the urinary alkaliser with them though. Works better with vitamin C or cranberry tablets Hope this helps take care x

• Posted

This is why antibiotics are not prescribed for long periods, because of the side effects, they can have on the body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.