Please can somebody help me

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had this for a number of years and its only got worse over time and seemed to spread. the skin of my vulva is discoloured. I'm not sure whats causing it or if its an immediate cause for concern given how long its been there. the only symptom besides the change to the skin, is it gets pretty itchy sometimes, but not enough for me to really be bothered by it. i have a lot of trauma surrounding people touching my genitals which is why I've not got it seen to. it's been there in a small patch for at least ten years now.

if anybody could provide some insight I'd be so grateful as I'm extremely worried.image

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Human papillomavirus Condyloma Lichen sclerosis Squamous intraepithelial lesion Usual VIN Differentiated VIN Squamous cell carcinoma Verrucous carcinoma Melanoma Embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma

i googled vulva discoloration and this popped up...

it doesnt seem super bad ..but you should get checked thats the best thing u can do.....

• Posted

This looks like vitiligo of your genitals. A condition where the skin gradually loses pigment. Its not life threatening but you really should see a doctor to get some advice. Can you see a woman doctor? Tell her that you dont like being touched in that area but take lots of photos to show her. If you are in UK a male doctor would understand your reserve and would not examine you if you asked not to be,but lots of photos are very helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.