Please can someone tell me why my vertebraes pops.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone.

My rheumatologist has announced to me that i have Osteoporosis, a scoliosis, and OA of the spine. My back is painful and pops terrible when i bend. I cannot get an answer from him as to WHY it pops and cracks like that. Can anyone tell me here. Thankyou so much in advance

Pam

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

All our nerves go down the spine so it sounds like your vertebrae is shifting with the pops and cracks.  Wish I could help more.  I also have a painful back, but the only thing that pops or grinds is my neck.
    • Posted

It's very stressful isn't it. I'm worried what i'll be like in a few years time. I'm 59. Have just had a TKR 5 months ago and will have to have the other one done soon too. Thankyou for replying. I'm feeling very depressed about all this

• Posted

Hi, I have similar problems to you but not the osteoporosis. Most of the problems of OA in my spine are caused by Scoliosis I'm afraid. Not sure if I was born with it or it developed over time but it's a real 'PAIN' I'm afraid. I'm 73 now and still alive if somewhat disabled but I get around slowly in my own good time. 'Carry on regardless' etc! rolleyes I get Amitriptylene plus Tramadol for pain. They help with sleep and anxiety too which does happen to most of us who have chronic, long term illness'. Lots of info on this website if you click on bones, joints and muscles, osteoarthritis at the top of this page. Keep posting. Best wishes, Pollyanna UK. neutral

• Posted

Hello Pollyanna. The Rheumatologist has virtually told me that anything can break my bones and this is difficult to cope with when  feeear back popping. Even when i open the freezer door it's such an effort (you know how they seem to stick). This is all recent for me although it's probably been a long time there. I am so scared you know. I don't know what's me

• Posted

Hi. I think if you keep looking for info on this website you will feel better with more knowledge of your condition.Hopefully others will come on the forum to talk to you also. Try the Osteoporosis website and forum too. There are some lovely people who chat on here, I'm sure some of them can help you too. I cannot help with osteoporosis but know the pain I have from OA is bad enough at times. Try to take one day at a time, take your medication, ask for pain relief and something to strengthen your bones if you've not been prescribed anything yet. Your rheumy can do that. He may be able to recommend other help you may need. Are you in UK or somewhere else. I think this is the best forum but I'm biased being British anyway. NHS UK is also a good place to look up what you need to know. Not too scary, just take it easy and leave housework alone for awhile until you find your level. Take care, Pollyanna. xxxsmile

• Posted

I live in France. We have good doctors here but i just have to find the one. I have something for the osteporosis. Perhaps that is to strengthen the bones. It's all the cracking and popping in my body that is also scaring me. Thankyou for your advice

Pam

• Posted

I think the popping/cracking is due to the Osteoarthritis and Scoliosis, not the osteoporosis. It happens beause the cartledge between the discs is wearing thin. I looked at the osteoporosis section of this website and there's lots of help and info there. Diet is important and it also explains that. Try to find a good GP/family doctor to discuss your fears and needs, you will feel better then.

• Posted

Hi Pam: I have the same snapping and popping when I bend. Sometimes I only have to bend a little. I have mentioned it to a couple of my doctors and nobody ever says anything about it. I am not sure what it is, but do know that I have a lot of issues with my spine....multi-level spinal stenosis, multi-level disc degeneration, ostophyte complex...etc...etc...along with sever OA. I just had two hip replacements not quite three months apart due to the OA. I wish I had some answers. It is kind of freaky when that happens. Please let me know if someone knows what it is. Barb

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.