Please can someone with allergies help me

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please can anyone tell me if they have an allergy that sounds like these symptoms as I’m going mad.

Body itches from head to toe, face feels like there is fine hairs on it and tickling. Body feels more like little pin prick or bite type itching.

I have no visible rash, infection, redness, swelling etc. Everything looks normal.

Mouth and throat feels like I’ve inhaled dust as it feels a gritty.

Nose is dry and I have some thick pnd.

Eyes also feel gritty like dust has been blown in my eyes.

I sneeze because my nose tickles.

I have no running of eyes, no running of nose.

I’ve checked everything I’m using, nothings changed, I’ve moisturised it doesn’t help.

These symptoms are getting more and more frequent, they used to come every few months, now it’s more weekly and lasts days.

Antihistamines make me feel very ill when I take them, I don’t know why.

If this sounds like your symptoms what are you allergic to? I’m wondering if this is hormonal, systemic or neurological cos from what I read allergies make you stream not feel dry and gritty.

Thanks 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure really what is wrong with you but I don't know that it sounds like a allergy. I think I would be inclined to visit a dermatologist rather than an allergist. And my only suggestions would be to try reading the symptoms. Try using a humidifier or vaporizer in your bedroom at night when you having these episodes. You might also try some eye drops in your eyes make sure you get the ones that are lubricating (so not Visine.) And finally for your nose you can get some saline solution in a spray bottle that you can spray up your nose several times a day it will keep it moist.

• Posted

Hi Charlotte,

Hope you are feeling better by now. It could be a number of things from an allergy to the beginning of some chronic illness. I hope not. I started itching many months before my rash came. From head to feet. I was itching and scratching until blood came. I still have marks all over my body. I was feeling fine but the itching was driving me crazy. Then the rash begin and a year long battle with treatments for chronic vasculitis. For now you should continue keeping notes of the symptoms, what time they begin and end. This will come in handy if you see a doctor for a diagnosis. Good luck to you!

• Posted

When I was married to my first husband he complained of itching and pain in his feet and ankles but there was nothing there to see. I took him to see our family doctor who said it was an allergy and that his rash was on the inside of his skin. Well sure enough a couple of days later he broke out in a rash on the skin that could be seen. The doctor had suggested I buy a baby laundry soap (I used erect, but I don't know if they still exist) and wash his clothes in that. And also double rinse them. Which in that time they didn't have a second rinse on washing machines so I just had to run it through the rinse the second time manually. If you do this don't forget the clothes that are clean hanging in your closet need to be double rinsed at least. But preferably rewashed.

• Posted

Hi dear. It's most weird to see your symptoms are same as mine. Goes all the way to feeling of fine hair on my face, a degree of discomfort in nose, I really don't know. So uncomfortable with it. Even worst after shower. Am distressed by this really.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.