Please comment! I just got diagnosed with PCOS

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I had noticed since I started college back in 14’ I stopped ovulating. This past year and a half i have had irregular periods, I would get it twice a month. This past Monday I couldn’t go to work because I was not able to walk, reason being I was bleeding all over the place even with a tampon+ & a pad. After that happen I got myself checked and it turns out I have a blood clot in my uterus, and ALOT of cysts in both my ovaries. 

My period symptoms are: 

-heavy periods 

-a belt of pain in my abdomen all the way to my lower back 

-swollen boobs 

Also, my feet and hands are recently extremely sweaty but I feel cold. 

I also feel extremely sad, and I cannot get myself out of this state. I have suicidal thoughts, but I’d never harm myself. 

Is depression and anxiety a relation to PCOS? 

Has anyone else experienced the same issues? 

Will I have issues with pregnany? 

What should I expect ? 

I’m 21 yo. & my name is Jacqueline, any comments are greatly appreciated. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I’m not sure about PCOS and depression but PCOS is caused by a hormonal imbalance so I can imagine it may well have an effect on moods! 

I take powdered maca root to help my symptoms and I have acupuncture once a week which helps a lot with my period pains and ovulation pains and also my skin! I buy maca root powder and then I buy empty capsules and fill them as I tried the powder in smoothies and my god it tastes terrible!!! 

But from what I understand about maca root it is classed at a good therefore you can’t overdose on it, I take between 5-10 capsules a day, I try to break it up so 5 in the am and 5 in the pm.

Good luck!!

• Posted

Maca root is a food sorry phone changed it to good 😂

• Posted

Yes!!!! I’m 21 too and I’m experiencing the same thing too. I’ve never been this bad in my life! Have they put you on a diet or medication? Mine got so bad so I had to go on medication because I was having the same thoughts and feelings! Hang in there!!
    • Posted

They prescribed me birth control, I will be monitoring my periods & pain up until the summer. I will be checked again, and I might have surgery to get them removed if the birth control does not help. But thank you, I will try! Hang in there as well!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.