Please explain “ Borax”

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay ladies, I hv been reading tjis blog for several days now and everyone is talking about Borax? Growing up in America, Borax is known as a detergent/ cleaner? I understand Boron being important and taking a supplement, but are ya’ll bathing in a tub of baking soda and detergent? Please explain! 🙄🙄🙄

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi karen,

I'm the author of the post "experiment with borax" which I use to treat my LS. Borax is a naturally occuring mineral found in some salt deposits. And you're right, borax can be used for laundry (great at softening water and help eliminate the ammonia in cloth diapers, which was how I first used it) and as a cleaner. But borax can be used for a lot more than that, it's also an anti-fungal, which was one of the reasons my husband suggested we try using it on my LS. What might help you out of only thinking of borax as only a detergent is how baking soda, a chemical compound, is used for cleaning, laundry, BAKING, and in body care products. Yes, some people do ingest borax, I haven't, but if you were, it is something that you'd want to do minimally. People have found that taking boron tablets, which is a chemical element found in the earth's crust, helps their LS. I would definitely consult a doctor before taking though.

Check out the discussion happening over on my post, there's a lot of great information over there and a lot of success stories. Most of us are trying to find healthier, safer alternatives to the steroids prescribed for LS. Borax has found to be one of those safer alternatives.

• Posted

Thank you for clearing that up! I will look up your original post and read all about it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.