Please explain these x ray terms!

Posted , 2 users are following.

The report of my recent abdominal x ray states: "Density overlying the upper pole of the left kidney corresponds to the stone seen on the CT scan in August. Multiple pelvic calcifications are present. All appear to be vascular in nature. The only thing my Dr. said was to drink more water in order to avoid future stones. No further explanation. This report sounds serious to me and googling gives me many different scenarios. Can anyone interpret the report so that it makes sense to me?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey there....I would ask the doctor for clarification. You need a definitive answer to what he means by "vascular".  I also had 4 other calcifications in addition to the stone itself, but they were in the ureter with the stone. To me, that would mean they were non-vascular. I could be wrong, I am not a doctor. I was told that the calcifications are nothing to worry about. No further detail was given in my case either. Sounds like the density in the upper pole confirms what the CT scan showed in August (that there is a stone there). Please ask your doctor to clarify these things and put your mind at ease. This forum is full of people with great advice, but some questions really need a physician to answer them. Be well!

• Posted

Well, as usual, I over reacted and thought too deeply (thanks to Google). Doc said LOTS of people have the pelvic vascular calcalcification and it's nothing at all to worry about. The kidney stone is apparently unchanged from August.

• Posted

Don't feel too bad. Health problems suck! I've done the same thing to myself. Thanks for the update!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.