Please find - concerned it’s serious

Posted , 3 users are following.

thanks in advance everyone

foe the past couple of months ive been breaking out in a rash around my hairline. its not itchy or sore but seems to happen just before my cycle. i knkw its obvious to say it's related but im not convinced. i went to the doctor who to discuss a mole on my face too - it was going crusty and then back to normal. he wasnt to concerned. whilst i was there i showed him my rash which was on my right shoulder and chest - he said it was acne - again not convinced. it might not be anything serious but want to know if its something im eating?

the last break out was down the left side of my back, neck and arm (see attached). the spots are not pus filled but if i press hard clear liquid comes out - but then this obviously makes them inflamed. spots then scab over.

i dont know if its worth mentioning but ive got a hiatus hernia (recent diagnosis after several tests for different things). ive asked for i tolerances tests as i feel something isnt right with my digestion but apparently id have to go privately

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It looks like folliculitis which is like acne. Often occurs in time with the menstrual cycle. Hair follicles become infected and become inflamed. try not to touch, pick or squeeze, because that will leave scars and will make the infection worse. A dandruff shampoo with Selenium sulphide as the active ingredient is often helpful .

I dont think your hiatus hernia has any connection with this.

If you eat chocolate cut it totally out of your diet,including chocolate cakes/ice cream etc.

• Posted

thanks for your reply. currently working in my diet and what i eat. Im finding after dairy foods and gluten i feel different compared to if i had a couple of days without. Possible intolerances to lactose and gluten??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.