Please give advice! 18 and female (painful glands)

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been confused about this for a while now, nobody seems to be giving me answers, the doctor doesn't seem to worried but still...

5 months ago I began getting swollen lymph nodes, one in my groin, one in my neck. These were both painful. This had never happened so I googled online about it out of curiosity which came up as a normal and common thing during an infection. I had night sweats like crazy and stomach pain.

I no longer have night sweats, but over this time the swollen glands have appeared everywhere (yes everywhere!) and when i move my arms it is painful due to these swollen glands. There's a cluster in my left groin, apart from that they are all felt as singular hard bumps. If I cough I get a stabbing pain where the swollen glands are in my lower right abdomen and I hate it.

Throughout this, I have had abdominal pain after eating and it isn't a stabbing pain, just a dull ache. It can be very uncomfortable at times. My abdomen has lots of painful glands in it, and I need to urinate so often it is irritating. I wake up at 4am after having several wee's before bed, and it feels like I have been in the car for hours whilst desperate for the toilet. I urinate a lot during the day, and it definitely is not a normal amount. My theory is that the swollen glands, and swollen spleen (if it is) is pushing onto my bladder. I have to push onto my abdomen sometimes to get the wee out. I urinate about 4-5 times before I sleep, so between 9 and 10:00-10:30.

I am very tired, it is not tiredness I would call it fatigue. The other day I fell asleep on the sofa for three hours and I got woken up at 7pm confused. I need naps quite often.

The doctor ran a blood test: I have higher red blood count than normal and lower urea levels. He didn't mention this but it flagged up on the screen so it must of just been borderline. I did have low T4 but normal TSH so I am getting another blood test done for 'something' peroxide. I had white spots on my tonsils but no glandular fever, sore throat or illness usually concerning them. normal temperature on the lower end.

I am glad he issued another blood test because I don't want this case to close, I want to get to the bottom of it.

I am actually quite worried because this is not normal. The doctor doesn't know about the urinating and stabbing pain when I cough because its worsened this week. But, I thought he would be more concerned seen as I am in quite a bit of discomfort. I have heard people can get swollen glands for ages for no reason, but these symptoms are uncommon for me and are not to do with common colds, mononucleosis etc.

Any advice would be great!

(glands are very hard not soft btw)

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.