Please give feedback on HIV infection possibility

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I have a question and I need an answer from an expert, if possible of course.

I had the following situation.

I had an episode  where no sex but

a woman of unknown HIV status

touched her underwear with her hand (assuming she was wet

because we were playing with each other) , and  then

touched the head of my penis with that hand.

Is there any HIV transmission risk? Do I need testing? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I'd say the risk was almost zero, even if the woman is HIV+ (which in most countries is very unlikely).  If the skin on your penis isn't  broken (no cuts or sores), I don't think there's any risk at all.

I certainly wouldn't bother getting tested in your position.

• Posted

she was wearing a tight. Maybe, there was an underwear behind tight also. i just thought the possibility of the tight becoming wet  and her hand touched this wet tight.
    • Posted

Even if she'd been wearing not underwear or tights, I still wouldn't bother getting tested.  HIV simply isn't that easily transmitted.

It's not as scary as it once was either.  If you google "rather have hiv than diabetes", you'll find an article by a UK doctor saying that he'd be a lot more worried about diabetes as the outcomes are worse.  Most people don't worry about diabetes though, even though it's so much more common.

• Posted

i  hate testing. if the risk is zero, i would avoid testing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.