Please give me some answers

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

Ive been taking 20mg of flu for 2 months now. I seem to be doing prety well on it but for one thing.

My sleep pattern has gone haywire in that i used to sleep intermittently for around 8 hours a night , waking for a pee and just waking up sometmes during the night. But 2 months in with flu im sleeping 10 or 11 straight sleep , no waking up at all just a heavy sleep. When i do wake up after that amount of hours i struggle to open my eyes to get myself up out of bed. The only reason I do is because i feel REALLY guilty being in bed so long.

Id this normal? has anyone else had this problem where they go into a deep sleep for that amount of hours? i shouldnt complain as most people would love that amount of sleep but its worrying me as ive never slept like that. I do feel fairly tired and lazy all day too. Everything is a bit of an effort, but mentally i feel a good bit happier and calmer.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim.

I've the complete opposite, I use to sleep fairly well before the flu but now my sleep pattern is horrendous. I'm lucky if I get three hours a night and that's with sleeping pills.

• Posted

Hi Rudy I'm the same as you and when I waken I can't get over again then get anxious, wish I could sleep more, hopefully it all balances out

• Posted

Kim, started my 7th week yesterday and I have the same exact thing. If I let myself, I could easily sleep 14 hours on some days and have hard time getting out of bed. I've never ever slept this long and there is guilt for wanting to sleep so long

• Posted

I feel so guilty sleeping this long. I'm setting my alarm tomorrow. I'm determined not to sleep all morning.

• Posted

Today, since I was off work, I gave in to my body and slept as long as it wanted, a good 15 hours. I feel horrible. That just proved to me that as hard as it is we have to get up and not give in to what our brain is wanting. It's disheartening because I thought this would all be behind me starting my 7th week. I feel I'm closer but I just can't get there. Always looking to next week. It's got to get here one day, I will not lose faith.

• Posted

I set alarm and literally had to force myself to get up at 10am today. It's like I'm running on half a tank of fuel. It's 18.45 and I just dropped off to sleep. Only 5. Mins but I feel so tired. I didn't think flu made you this tired, and wouldn't it happen in the beginning ? I was ok till 2 0r three weeks ago.

• Posted

These side effects or physical symptoms will last until the flu takes effect, could be 6, 8, 12 weeks. It's different for everyone, just wish it was sooner for me.

• Posted

I didn't have this when I started. This tiredness has kicked in on week 5. About three weeks now.

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel. It comes and goes with me. Right now, the tiredness is knocking me down.
  • Posted

Hi,

Maybe someone can help me. I recently went back on Fluoxitine after 3 years and my Dr. put me right to 40mg's. Is this ok?

Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.