Please help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

6 months ago I was diagnosed with SUSPECTED early chronic pancreatitis. I  was also exposed to industrial solvents for many years.

When I was diagnosed I didn't have that much pain, it almost went away soon after and then in January the pain hit me like a bus and I've had it since. The other thing is I have major difficulty waking up - I can't feel my hands and legs. I also have very bad lower abdominal pain, almost in the groin/hip (on the left side!) I've had further testing done: sleep apnea/liver biopsy/spinal MRI, Brain MRI. Bloodwork is perfect. My question is: is this really Chronic Pancreatitis or am I facing someting else??? I'm so worried, I lost my job through this and now I'm facing losing my family too.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I used to drink but stopped all acohol when this diagnosis was made...
  • Posted

For starters, I hope they have told you about the need to modify your diet.  That is a HUGE factor.  I had had many disturbing test reports, but nothing that would relate to the numbness.  Before also losing my job, I worked in healthcare.  The best thing I can guess is that if you are experiencing inflammation to your pancreas, there is also swelling.  I get terrible back pain, they gave me gabapentin, which sometimes seems to help.  But any kind of pressure related to the spine could possibly cause numbness to the extremities.  I hope that you keep being proactive when working with your doctors, because results related to CP are not always obvious.  You know your body.  Speak up, and good luck!

• Posted

Thanks kerry05339.

I have recently changed my diet but so far no improvement. It could be what you say, from the inflammtion, I almost can't wake up in the morning, every morning. I also get TERRIBLE headaches and neck pain. Living nightmare.

Al the best to you and thx for reaching out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.