Please help!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm due to open to have my gallbladder removed on the 25th Jan so not long. Bit in the mean time I'm on morphine which doesn't help I'm in constant pain I've lost 3 stone as can't eat. How can I get comfortable sad any ideas?

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi...if I were you I'd visit accident and emergency department and tell them your pain relief isn't working and they will most likely admit you to hospital there and then and operation done ASAP... In my case I couldn't wait for my gp referral for ultrasound scan and I turned up at hospital at 11pm in pain..I was admitted to a surgical ward and given morphine then scanned in morning and an hour later surgeon visited me and said he would see me in operating room in an hour! By the time the nurses and anaesthetist did paper work it was time for surgery with no real time for me to get nervous so I'm glad it happened that way as I'd hate to sit for weeks thinking about the op... I found that after time the usual methods of easing pain didn't work..ie lying on left hand side with a pillow under tummy,painkillers... That's when it needs to be removed...don't suffer for 3 weeks get it sorted before then..
  • Posted

I agree with Jay15225, go into  Emergency Dept. Get it out asap.  I just got mine out a week ago.  I went into ER on christmas morning from a terrible painful gb attack, got IV painreliever at ER, then home with meds..By next day still in pain, and could hardly move off the couch. By Sunday, back into Er, and then labs and cat scan showed high white blood counts, I got admitted into hospital.  On Monday, was thankful to get fit into surgery. I dont think I could've waited anymore days or weeks. I was beggging to get it out!  Had a rough week of recovery. But on day 7, I turned the corner, and felt so much better. Stil healing on incisions, and side has some aches off and on, But overall, I am happy to have it GONE,, I even ate shrimp and steak for supper!  Yum, Getting appetite back!
    • Posted

I had mine removed 8th December.. Today I've ate everything in sight! I still get wee niggles from belly button where incision was biggest and from middle incision but they are just niggles and not painful...no regrets having had it removed...I hated the fear of eating as you never knew what would trigger an attack or when....
    • Posted

The worse thing I did is cancel a surgery date in Nov.  Because, I started reading too much online , forums and sites.  Too many saying , dont do surgery, keep the gallbladder..blah, blah, blah,,,, But, I honestly think its a bunch of nonsense now. I dont think many of these people, have really been sick with attacks.  I heard of people having so many bad side affects of keeping a bad gallbladder.  Glad mine is gone now. And I deleted on the rest of the negative nannies on any sites that encourage keeping it.  
    • Posted

I'm so tempted bit I have little faith in them at the moment cos of how they have been with me. I'm worried it's gonna infection the my other organs as my kidney is so sore I'm so wEakring I can't eat sad
    • Posted

you must go to the hospital as most people have advised. that way you will get a LFT and they can tell if there is any infection and if there is you will get anti biotics to clear it up.i know you cant help worrying but that would ease your mind if you found out either way if there was infection, and get it cleared up. becasue stress and worry make our pain a lot worse. all the muscles in our body are tight when we are worried and it doesnt help.at least you know that you have a date for the operation and then that will be the end of all this suffering. i have heard people say they have some problems after removal of gall bladder but nothing like what we are going through now, and even when we do get a break from the pain we worry at every meal time if its safe to eat or if it might start another attack. my heart goes out to you and everyone of us suffering this terrible illness. im shocked that doctors and hospitals leave people to suffer so much pain, if i had not suffered this i would never have beleived it. god bless you dear.let us know what the hospital says.all the very best to you.🌹
    • Posted

congratualtions jay so happy to hear a some good news. i wish you all the very best dear and a speedy recovery. dont forget to take things easy.

thanks for coming back to tell us your good news.❤️

• Posted

great news elizabeth. you have put a smile on my face. making me hungry . all the best for 2016  and a speedy recover. take things easy. 🌰
    • Posted

I'm jealous lol. I really hope things turn out as well for me! I can't wait to tuck into cheese and the odd sausage lol
  • Posted

If the morphine does not help maybe you should just go to the hospital.

The trouble is unless you become jaundiced with it they do not treat you as urgent.

Make sure you are driniking even if you are not eating.

Try some soup.

Having a hot water bottle on your stomach may help.

Although your surgery is only 3 weeks away now I know this is a long time to wait if you are in constant pain.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you.

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

I find that a hot shower helps hold it on your back.. codeine worked better for me than morphine... im pregnant and really suffering but cant have anything done yet .... i really dont know how il last 9 months tli cant eat anything im starving ! I went to my gp who sent me straight to surgical assessment without waiting in a&e for hours

Hope you get sorted smile

• Posted

Hi there if morphine isn't helping then I think you should go to A+E. I had a bad attack in October and was in hospital for 9 days. Im waiting for surgery. I still get discomfort sometimes a dull ache sometimes a stitch but nothing unbearable. I have a small heat pad. I find that is brilliant. Take care x
  • Posted

If your pain relief isn't working then really you should look at that.  It probably needs adjusting.  There are many things that can be done to relieve your pain.  You shouldn't be suffering with immense pain.  You don't state what doseage of morphine you are taking and when.  There are various ways it can be taken.  Good luck with everything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.